Sunday, November 4, 2012

A New Beginning

So it has been over a year since I have been able to call my self healthy. I've been struggling with Plantar Demon Spawn Fasciatis since Sept of 2011 and I think I may have finally turned the corner. This past month I was able to get in over 80 miles of running without and increase of pain in my foot. It feels incredible to be able to write that sentence. I am in no way healed but just being able to get back on the trails is a great feeling. I don't like running at Core Creek but that's where I've been. I've been told that keeping the hills to a minimum is important so Core Creek is the place to be around here for that. At the same time thought I'm reminded of how many times I've gone back to Core Creek when recovering from an injury. This place has served me well over the years reminding me that either a) you're still injured, take it easy, or b) looks like you're ok, go find some hills! While I haven't experienced b yet, I look forward to the day I can leave Core Creek behind to find me some mountains. For now i'm just happy to be running again, even at this low distances and lack of elevation.

Hat Run Lottery Here I COME!

No comments:

Post a Comment