Sunday, June 2, 2013

Train/Taper Week

Mon- Rest, BBQ
Tues- 14 NESHAMINY LOOP NEW PR 1:38:44 Boom. Was super muddy and wet and annoying but finished very strong. First loop 49:35, second reverse loops 49:09. I'm convinced the reverse loop has to be easier. I was exhausted at the end of the first loop so there's no way I was strong/faster on the second without the trail itself just being easier in that direction. 3 more Treadmill miles in the PM 29:14 with 850ft of climbing in mile 2.
Wed- 5 neshaminy slow 2 Langhorne hills slow.
Thurs- 5 Core Creek 42:13 Hot Hot Heat!
Fri- 7 nhs 56:12. Then 2 with Brenda hills.
Sat- 3.5 With Brain, 5.2 With Justin
Sun- 2.3 Langhorne

Tuesday's PR Run at neshaminy was easily the highlight of the week. I was planning on running monday evening and haveing tuesday be my final "long run" before the race next saturday. Since I didn't run on monday, I thought tuesday needed to be long and fast. I didn't think it wouldbe as fast as it was given the rain and muddy trails but the whole run went ery well. The rest of the week was basically easy stuff with no speed or hill work at all really. This was supposed to be a rest/taper week and for the most part I think I stuck to that.


Week- 49
Month- 241 New Record!
Year- 988.5
June- 11

No comments:

Post a Comment