Monday, January 23, 2012

So Far So Good

Well 2012 hasn't gotten off to a rockin start but its hasn't been horrible either.

Got in 60 miles on a stationary bike and 4 miles on a treadmill with about 2,500 feet of elevation. Nothing spectacular but it's a start.

Saw a doctor on Friday. He suggested I start running in a 4mm drop shoes, which I have, and that I use arch support insoles. Honestly I'm not convinced this will do any real good. I've been wearing arch supports for works and haven't had any real improvement in 4 months. Next week I'd like to get in a least 20 miles on trail. Hopefully some of that will be over in Jersey with Wayne or Dave. Their race is coming soon. D day is coming up for me as well. If this next week of training goes well I may still run HAT. I'm optimistic but realistic. The last time I put in more than 10 miles I had bad hip and foot pain. So I honestly don't expect next week to be much different.

Miles for year
Run - 10
Bike - 110

No comments:

Post a Comment